Public exposure of confidential data has become a common occurrence. The media has exploded with stories of high
profile cases concerning the loss of sensitive data, strongly emphasizing the need to properly destroy data.
Information assets pose a significant risk due to the large volumes of confidential information that is stored on them.
Data must be completely destroyed before IT assets are disposed of, recycled, reused or donated. Corporations are obliged by
law to ensure the safe disposal of sensitive information or face the penalties of non-compliance.
Failure to erase data could result in:
- Identity theft
- Time in prison
- Federal and/or civil liability
- Exorbitant fines or lawsuits
- Irreparable damage to an organizationís reputation
- Loss in consumer confidence
- Decline in revenue due to bad will and loss of clients